Can I, an ordinary girl, really be called to do extraordinary things?

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Walks with God

"We're all fallen, but at the same time we are not broken"
During my walk this morning I was once again spoken to by God. I have struggled with myself for nearly 22 years. Always telling myself I was not good enough. Not pretty enough, not smart enough, not outgoing enough. I was always told that positive thought was important, but its easy to underestimate. Ive decided to change my thinking and in the past couple of weeks that I have done so, I feel better,possibly even great. Why be your own worst enemy? Why beat yourself up? Why be your own bully? God is in control of you, your past, your present, and future. Our minds are like computers, the more we input positive thoughts, it starts to become second nature and we begin to believe them. Having been the person that input negative thoughts into her mind for so many years, I can tell you its true and when thinking negatively, any hardship you encounter, if even minor, seem 100000x worse. So this morning, God told me "You have faced battles in life my child, with many more to come. But they did not break you, I did not foresake you. Therefore, you are strong and me you will follow and forever be protected". I was rebaptized in 2011 and it was around that time that I was also accepted into nursing school and began praying for God to help me change my way of life. I trusted him and he has done so. Greater than I could have ever imagined.
He has taught me that in any battle, be it minor or small that I may face throughout the day, week, month, or year I should look to him and will not be mislead or foresaken.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will mae your paths straight." Proverbs 3: 5-6

2 comments:

  1. Very encouraging, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, wonderful post.
    I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

    ReplyDelete