Can I, an ordinary girl, really be called to do extraordinary things?

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You dont have to be struggling to pray

Today we started classes again (our last semester!). And after making my blogs public last week, I was surprised at how many people came up to me and asked if I was ok and what was going on. Im thankful that they all care for me, let me not be mistaken about that. But let me also be clear about this; I do not wish for everyone to go to God only when they are struggling and I hope that I havent come across that way. Yes, in times of struggle you may grow closer to God because you realize just HOW amazing he is. But lets remember its also important to praise God for our blessings. For the simple fact that we wake up every morning, that we have food in our bellies, and hugs, kisses, or smiles given to us from the people that love us everyday. That while families just down the road from us are struggling to stay warm and worry for their safety, we are well cared for. I believe God has his plan for everyone and he knew our struggles before we were formed in the womb. I dont know why many people struggle in the ways they do, I dont know why there is violence and poverty in this world. I wish I did. But I do know God is with all of us in times of good and bad. I choose to know that. There is one thing we all have in common and that is LIFE, given to us by God when he sent his son to die on the cross. We make it through everyday and its because we were provided for by Him.
I once heard someone say they believe in God when "you are really down and out and soemthing brings you back up, thats when I believe in God". God is not someone who exists some times and not the others. He was with me long before I started blogging. When I was rejoicing when I graduated from high school, when I was crying everday in heartbreak while at UK. I know hes been with me everyday for 22 years. The only thing wrong with me is concern for those who have so much less. I want to see more people come to know God, and now that HE is what gives them life despite there struggles.
Im excited because today we learned that with our Peds class we may have the opportunity to take part in an after school program for kids in the "projects" right here in Knoxville. We'll get to teach them a lesson on nutrition and health! Im excited because I LOVE doing things like this. As evidenced by the fact that id like to do so overseas one day! Heres to new beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment